ISSUED KNIFE OF THE U.S. NAVY SEALS
Officially Licensed By the United States Navy
The MK 3 MOD 0 Combat/Diving Knife is a multi-purpose fixed blade fighting knife. Manufactured by Ontario Knife company. This knife is issued to U.S. Navy SEALs during BUD/S training and is also used by Reconnaissance Marines at the Combatant Divers Course in Panama City, Florida.
The MK 3 is capable of serving as a Dive knife, Fighting knife, or Utility knife. There is a striking butt that can be used for hammering, a serrated saw edge on the spine, as well the ability to pry with the thickness of the blade.
The US Navy chose 440 Stainless Steel for the blade material with a hardness rating of 49-54 HRC for two reasons. One being the corrosive resistant of stainless steel and the other being it’s a cost-effective metal to mass produce. Another benefit would be the simplicity of sharpening in the field. The Black Oxide finish would also facilitate in protecting the blade from rusting.
- This Combat Knife Is an Officially Issued US Navy Combat Knife.
- Blade Length: 6 Inches with a Black Oxided Finish.
- Blade Material: 440A Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 49-54 HRC
- Molded High-Impact Plastic Handle and Sheath.
- MADE IN U.S.A. by Ontario Knife Company
- Officially Licensed By the United States Navy
- NSN#: 1095-00-391-1056